We are bath lovers here at MyTreat HQ and we are so excited to introduce the Doubtless Bay Botanicals range inside New Zealand Made November boxes. The great thing about these bath salts is the ingredients, which lend themselves to a rich and nourishing treat for everyone to enjoy. While we certainly encourage you to indulge in a bath and use these bath salts to help you relax and unwind, for those of you who don’t have access to a bath, you can use these as an all over body exfoliation, or as a relaxing facial steam. Ideal at removing dirt from your pores and helping clear your head, a facial steam is a great little 15 minutes of you time. Extra large, at 250g, these botanical bath salts make a great gift idea or can be used over and over to indulge your body in some well-deserved relaxation.
"The Ghassoul clay or Morrocon clay is nutrient dense in minerals such as Silica, Magnesium, and calcium. It is sought after because of its cleansing, moisturising, exfoliating and rejuvenating properties. Ghassoul comes from the Arabic word "ghassala" meaning "to wash". After soaking in the salts with the clay skin feels smooth and silky and exfoliated without the abrasive drying feeling. The hibiscus flower extract included has exfoliating properties also." Doubtless Bay Botanicals are a bath and body skincare range made in New Zealand using natural ingredients free from harmful additives such as parabens, silicones, mineral oils, sodium lauryl sulphate, synthetic colours and fragrances. Their range is plant based, vegan, cruelty free and botanically infused with hibiscus flower extract.
Follow them on Instagram <<HERE>>
3 Great ways to use Doubtless Bay Botanicals Bath Salts
Facial Steam How To:
- Start with clean skin. Drink a big glass of water.
- Run hot water into a basin or large mixing bowl.
- Get your towel ready – as soon as you add your botanicals you will want to fully cover your head over the water.
- Add your Doubtless Bay Botanicals – about ½ fill the lid and tip it in
- Hold your face over the steam with the towel over your head like a little tent to keep in the steam. If at any point the steam feels too hot, move your face back a couple of inches. The steam should feel soothing, not too hot.
- Sit over the steam for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the water cools.
- Gently pat your face dry with a clean towel. Follow up by applying your Linden Leaves Balancing Toner.
When reading about this, I decided the only way to work out if I was convinced these steps would work was to go and give it a try… I am totally converted, it was peaceful, calming and my skin felt really soft and clean immediately afterwards. I used a full lid worth and let the hot water keep running under my towel, the salts fizzed away happily and I could feel the heat of the steam reaching my face. We have one of those basins with an overflow so I counted it as my treat for the day and just let the hot water keep running, between the heat, the sound of the water, the scents from the bath salts and the tingling skin, I definitely had that day spa vibe. I managed to create a special little space to relax inside my facial steam tent and it was actually so nice. When I do it again, I’ll probably just light candles and put music on to get really into it.
Bath salts for the bath:
Add 1 generous lid full to your bath to sooth and relax, aid with tension and improve sleep.
Take a Warm Shower
The first step to properly exfoliating your skin is to take a warm shower, the warm water opens up your pores and allows your exfoliant to do what it does best: remove dead skin cells and dirt. If the water is too hot it could dry out your skin. Wait five minutes before exfoliating. This will give your pores enough time to open to help your skin achieve the maximum exfoliation benefits.
Using ¼ lid – Exfoliate
In a Circular Motion apply the ¼ lid of Doubtless Bay Botanicals, start at the top of your feet (be careful not to slip), working your way up to your torso and arms. After you’ve thoroughly scrubbed your body, rinse off the scrub and gently pat your body dry—don’t rub. Rubbing the skin after you’ve exfoliated can irritate it.
Also, keep in mind that using this as a scrub on your face isn’t a good idea. The ingredients inside these bath salts will penetrate the skin on your body, which happens to differ significantly from the skin on your face. The skin on your face is much softer and requires a gentle scrub that promotes cell turnover without causing irritation or redness.
Follow Up with Koa Organics Body Butter
Finally, remember to hydrate your entire body after exfoliation. The Koa Organics Magnesium Body Butter has properties that will help promote healthy hormonal balance and nourished skin.
- Never exfoliate after being badly sunburned or injured. Not only will it hurt to exfoliate, it’s also important that you don’t hurt the skin’s healing process.
- The skin on your face is different from the skin on your body.
- Patch test a part of your body when using any skin care product for the first time.
- Sign up for 12 months & get your first box FREE, or sign up for 6 months & get 50% off your first box. These offers are only available for Monthly, Fortnightly or Prepaid payment plans.
To sign up for your November box follow the links below, and remember if you sign up for 6 month you get 50% off your first box, and if you sign up for 12 months your first box is FREE.
Click <<HERE>> for monthly pay
Click <<HERE>> for prepaid